Monday, December 2, 2013

OG Based Language Arts Online Programs



I found this very good program that I will be using next year for some of my children. It is called Language Tune-Up Kit. It follows along the same path as the Barton System and also covers sight words, spelling etc. 

Some of my children are using:

 Lexia
And Dynaread.
I find Lexia to be good for 4-6 years of age. It doesn't really focus on auditory as much, but still good if supplementing with the Barton System or tutoring! Also, Lexia is good for your School or Support Teacher, as they will frequently send out reports directly to them. Dynaread is not as faithful with reports or staying communicated with the school etc. It is mainly through the Parent/Parents and so it is up to the parent to report to the School or Teacher. Important information: Dynaread is not Orton-Gillingham based. 


Update: Lexia, I believe has an older child version that is for Grade 4 and up. I have not used this one partcularly. But most often a child with severe struggles in reading because of Dyslexia will need to start a little earlier to gain some key components before advancing in the program and may find it a bit toddler-ish if they have to do so.

Let me know what you use and how you like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment