Friday, December 13, 2013

Unto Thee

Boaz helps Ruth



In my bible reading I read in Matthew when Jesus was speaking about the final judgement. The Righteous asked in reply,

"When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? Or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?"

What I thought immediately was a question for myself. When I have I acted on these as well? Then I thought to myself that; The way these righteous asked, it was almost forgotten in their minds? Why was that? Then it occurred to me that this was such a part of their lives that they had forgotten entirely that they had done it. They might of thought of God and Jesus literally, as to serving them. But, they also probably would have tried to search their minds in an extravagant time they showed an enormous amount of mercy on an individual. But what I feel this might be saying is that, in fact, this was bred into their daily living!

How many times do you think you tucked your little one into bed with a kiss, shopping for clothing, food etc. We just do it and don't think much of it. It is our duty to care for our children. The same for the family of God and those that are in need all around us! This needs to be bred in such a way we also think of it as our duty, something we do on a daily basis because it is what God wants from us.

"And the King shall answer and say unto them. Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." 

We are doing it unto Him! Some like to help out neighbours that are kind and so on. It is easier to help those that are nice, but what does it mean to help those that are the least of these? Not only should we have a servants heart for those that need us and our easy to help or nice, but I believe we also have to extend our love and hands out to those that might be harder to reach. The least among the crowd in our own eyes. This might be hard for some, but it is what God wants to be apart of our lives. Clothing the naked, hunger for a stranger, seeing the sick, those in prison and to minister to them, this is what God requires. It is not to earn anything from God...but our duty and servanthood for him. It should be of a grateful heart, that God would allow us to minister in this way, just as we minister to our own family's needs.

I pray as we usher in Our Saviours birth we don't shy away from the words he came to speak and teach. That we apply them to our lives daily and seek out ways we too can minister, clothe, feed those around us that are in need.

Many Blessings and Happy Helping :D

No comments:

Post a Comment