Monday, December 9, 2013

Forgiveness and Sure Mercies

So as we are sitting here having our family night and Daddy's playing throw tic tac toe, I thought what a perfect time to read my bible! His timing is always perfect. He is so faithful and always willing to let us in on a closeness with Him.

I have been overwhelmed for a while with all the pressures of my own undoings, my own worst enemy, me. Most of the time I am not living up to standards that I impose on myself and make everyone suffer because of it. Oh, how often we can fall apart if we do not achieve our crazy goals? I mean, who cares if I have how many children? Homeschooling? In the ministry? I still can't keep my house in order?? Why is the laundry not done? How come the floor looks like I just buried a cat for the third time today? How in the world did honey get on that? What is clogging up the sink upstairs? And where did you get that ball of string that looks awfully similar to the carpet?!!

My list might look different then yours, but it is the same list in all. The list that includes goals that are impossible for us to meet all of the time. Then we are left wondering what we are thinking to try and do this all....Or worse, we are left to wonder if maybe God didn't know what He was doing putting us in charge of it all...I mean, doesn't He know that we aren't cut out for this! 

John came before Jesus to remind us what our purpose is and Paul says it best...
"And as John fulfilled this course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose." Acts 13:25 KJV

I will simplify this for you. You see, even John knew that; Hey! I am not  perfect, I am not even worthy and yes, I have failed in the realm of perfection. But, look, look at Jesus and follow Him! 

How simple this is, but profound! Paul goes on to say that the word of salvation was sent to us. That Jesus became our salvation through his death and He saw no corruption but was raised from the dead. He is a living God and He is perfect for us. Should we still sin? God forbid. We still need to walk in faith and righteousness, but know, when we come up short, he fills the gap. In the realm of our goals, we need to realize that God only requires our faith and love and we are the ones that set the highest goals. God's highest goals were set and Jesus fulfilled them for us, because He knew we couldn't! God is constantly reminding us that He loves us even if we fail the goals we tend to set. What a great God we serve! 

If we don't measure up to our neighbours, God still love us!
If we are not getting the best Homeschool Mom award, God still loves us!
If you r kids aren't perfect...you get the picture :D These are our Sure Mercies of God.

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the Law of Moses." Acts 13:34

Forgiveness of sins and freedom of guilt are available to all people in Christ. What a way to usher in His Birthday! The reminder of why He was born in the first place. Glorious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment