Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Recipe I want to Share!


For Christmas, I wanted to make a healthy version {or at least as close as I could get} of our Holiday dinner. Being that I was put to the task of our Annual Feast. I got to say what went into everything...hehheee. Okay, That was a little devilish of me, but at least their won't be anything I wouldn't want to eat being served. Some things I have seen served, well, I will save you the thought! 

So off to the task of the main course, I went and tried to find a FRESH Turkey. Nothing beats a fresh turkey and you don't have to defrost it, yay! I wanted to buy an Organic Turkey, but they were way out of our price range for the size of Turkey we needed. So, I chose the best second choice, one without any antibiotics, free range etc. I got lots of fresh herbs for the top and sea salt, with a little touch of infused garlic, rosemary and oregano oil..it was wonderful! 

I made a fresh salad with mini kale greens, shredded fennel, radishes and a fresh vinaigrette with crumbles of feta wrapped around it like a white Christmas Present. It was delicious. For veggies I mixed cut carrots, parsnips and brussel sprouts. I tossed these with a little butter, salt and fresh dill. Even though I love being healthy...I do go for real butter! It is just way more yummier and I like to buy real food ;) Of course all this is organic and nobody even knows they are eating a ton of extra nutrients. { I felt so sneaky} I love it!



Stuffing was also made homemade with little oil and lots of Organic Goodness. But, Of course there had to be potatoes and those were blended and smoothed with extra butter and herbs.
I have to admit the potatoes had gravy to serve with it and I did not cinch on the fat...but I only had a little bit of both the potatoes and gravy :D I loaded up on the salad! 

Then there were the Hors d'oeuvres which included this recipe I would like to share.


You will need:


  • 1/2 Cup of Cream Cheese
  • 1 tsp Olive Oil
  • 2 tsp (or more) of milk
  • 1/2 - 1 Clove of Garlic crushed and minced well
  • Sea Salt Finely crushed to taste
  • 1-2 Tbsp  Chopped Chives
  • 1 Whole Cucumber
  • Small Sprigs of Fresh Dill for Garnishing


  1. Mix all of the ingredients into a small bowl. Except the Dill Sprigs.  *If you like a smoother cream, please add more milk. If you prefer a more garlic flavour, please add in the whole clove.
  2. Wash the cucumber and with a potato peeler, peel some of the sides leaving some of the green skin exposed. This would be done length-wise down the cucumber.
  3. Slice into thick bit sized chunks
  4. Spoon out with a small spoon the inner seeded area of the cucumber
  5. Gently spoon in cream sauce into each cucumber cup you have made
  6. Place one neat little Dill Sprig on each one
  7. Serve on your best Plate
  8. Then Enjoy :D



Don't forget to share your Holiday Recipes. I would love to hear about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment